Monday, June 25, 2012

Señor Cuentas

Woo Hoo!!! I broke down today, and after selling off three of my Nikon prime lenses - 50mm f1.8, 85mm f1.8, and 180mm f2.8 - I bought the Fuji 35mm f1.4 x-mount lens. I haven't had much of a chance to play with it yet, but so far I can say that it seems to focus faster than my 18mm lens. I'll have a chance to put the new lens through its paces later this week.

This past weekend, after visiting the Photoville exhibit in Brooklyn Bridge Park (don't waste your time), I  met a friend at Port Authority bus terminal. We were walking downtown on Ninth Avenue when I noticed this gentleman, about half a block away, flirting with a young lady and showing off his beads. I'm not sure what his cultural identity was, but I think I heard some Spanish in his conversation. As I approached him I said 'Ah..... Señor Cuentas .....' and just as he looked up at me I fired my trusty X Pro-1 and nailed this shot. I'm beginning to think there's no better camera for street work than the XP1.


1 comment: