Tuesday, April 29, 2014

A New Project and Two Pics

This past weekend I began walking around a different part of New York City and the wheels began to churn. I saw possibilities popping up all around me. I was buzzing with excitement as ideas began to coalesce. When I talked with my mentor this evening about it, even he got excited (and believe me, that's saying something). So, as one project winds down, another evolves.

I spent the day yesterday, Holocaust Rememberance Day, at the Holocaust Museum in New York. I'd been past the building several times but couldn't bring myself to go in. Yesterday, however, being a special day, the museum had several Holocaust survivors present to talk with young teenagers who were visiting the museum on class trips. Very difficult shooting conditions, but I may have one or two images that worked.

The first of two images was shot at the Easter Parade on Fifth Avenue:




The second was a serendipitous moment as I walked on Lexington Ave. one day last week:

No comments:

Post a Comment