Monday, June 22, 2015

Jewish Food Fair


This Sunday Sixth Avenue was a huge street fair. Generally I find them quite boring because they're mostly block after block of repetitive food stalls and cheap jewelry and t-shirt vendors. But there was one block on Sixth Avenue, between 46th and 47th street that was dedicated to Jewish food - old style and new age. I arrived there with a full stomach, but after listening to Frank London's Klezmer Brass All Stars and singer Eleanor Reissa, after watching people from the crowd dancing, and after smelling all that food I had to have a pastrami sandwich and some rugalach. Once my stomach was sated I got down to business.

Eleanor Reissa singing yiddish song favorites:



People enjoying the music:





Discussing the finer points of making a pastrami sandwich:





No comments:

Post a Comment