Thursday, October 15, 2015

The Lesson

In public school and liberal arts college I hated being a student. In spite of, or perhaps because of, everyone's expectations of me I was a mediocre student. The only courses in which I excelled were music. No surprise there. After I returned to NYC from Nashville I set my mind to studying at a music conservatory. I sailed through the courses for both my artist diploma and master of music degrees. I still don't like formalized education, but really enjoy one-on-one learning. 

At the Chabad center where I've been well received and allowed to pursue my photo project I attend a small class on Tanya - the treatise that lays out the basis of the Chabad Lubavitch movement, and Tanakh - the study of the Hebrew Bible. Everything is fertile territory for my photography.


No comments:

Post a Comment