Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter Parade Photo (2)/ Fuji X-Pro1

At the Easter Parade the willingness of people to be photographed - that is, after all, the reason they get dressed/costumed up, to be seen and photographed - gives the event the feeling of a carnival.  It's not, strictly speaking, street photography, but the experience of being on Fifth Avenue with so many willing and eager models for me to hone my skills using the Fuji X-Pro1 was great fun. I saw these two beautiful ladies casually chatting, and I asked them to pose for me. I've said it before, but it bears repeating. Every time I process an image shot with the Fuji camera I'm blown away by the colors and detail. When I zoomed in to touch up the eyes of the woman on the left, I could count her eyelashes. The raw images are really a joy to work with (would be even more of a joy if Adobe would get off its butt and update Camera Raw to accept the new Fuji raw format!)