Sunday, August 19, 2012

On the Corner

Shooting with the Fuji X-Pro1 makes me feel like a kid again. It's just so much damned fun to play with! I've gotten stuck in a rut with it, though. The 18mm Fujinon lens fits my style of shooting and is on the camera 98% of the time. 

Yesterday I was sitting on the wall at the Apple Store plaza on 58th street and Fifth Avenue, watching all the girls go by (Brother you can't go to jail for what your thinking, or for the woo look in your eye). Just for a change I switched over to the Fujinon 35mm lens, which got me a lot closer to my subjects than I am used to. It was a challenge to get the framing right. Bringing the subject so much closer adds an intensity to the image but also creates some difficulties in how to use surrounding figures and lines to support the composition. 

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to go out and play (oops, I meant practice) with my toys a lot more. 




1 comment: