Thursday, February 14, 2013

Some Street Shots From The Past Few Weeks

The first of these shots was taken with the Fujinon 18-55mm lens. Shot at 18mm, f5.6, 1/250th sec. and ISO 640. The combination of the wonderful tonal range possible with the X-Pro 1 camera  and the flexibility of the Nik Silver Efex Pro 2 plugin made getting the separation of the blacks and dark grays of the woman's coat, gloves, and pants possible, but not easy. I could have spent hours in a wet darkroom to get that kind of separation. 



     
Shot with the Fujinon 14mm lens, f5.6, 1/250th sec., ISO 2500. I'm still working on the angles. I wish I hadn't cut off the woman's feet so that there was a better  balance between her and the mannequin. Shooting from the hip with the super wide lens requires that I be in really close, but the angle of the camera is critical. I think I'm going to get into NYC again tomorrow to practice more shots like this.




Shot with the 14mm lens, f8, 1/250th sec, ISO 500. Two scary looking guys. With the super wide lens it was possible to aim the camera at a spot past the second guy's right shoulder and still compose the image. 



Shot with the 14mm lens, f5.6, 1/250th sec., ISO 2500. I shot this from the hip, got the comp right on. Sometimes I just get lucky.



No comments:

Post a Comment