Sunday, June 9, 2013

Old European Face in New York

I walked the High Line on Saturday and as per my post yesterday, gave my new Fuji 55-200 zoom lens a workout. Today I continued the workout at a bluegrass festival, and although I still have a long way to go until I'm comfortable shooting with this lens, I was really impressed with it's ease of handling.

I'll be reworking several of the color shots that I posted yesterday - those were color jpg conversions of the raw data, with no further adjustments. When I dig into the image I can really get to appreciate just how crisp and clean is this lens. On some of the test images I deliberately chose very high contrast edges so as to examine for chromatic aberration, and there was a tiny bit. But as you can see in this photo, the image quality and clean definition make this shot pop.




No comments:

Post a Comment