Monday, November 5, 2012

Not my usual

A few months ago some friends asked me to take photos of their family in their home before their second child was born. Studio setups are not my usual way of working, so I usually eschew that type of work. I've never taken photos of a pregnant woman, so I wasn't sure how comfortable I'd be, or how comfortable I'd be able to make the expectant mother. As it turned out, my misgivings were unnecessary. The session gave me an opportunity to reacquaint myself with my power pack and strobes, and a chance to play with some new toys. It was this same family that generously opened their home to me during the terrible storm that blew through here this past week. 

Sebastio Salgado once said 'If you take a picture of a human that does not make him (her) noble, there's no reason to take this picture.' I can't think of anything more noble for a woman than to be pregnant. This is my homage to Ella and her wonderful family. 






1 comment:

  1. hello my friend

    this is absolutely fantastic, full of emotion reflects a woman in the most important challenge of his life

    congratulate the family on my side, it also excites me to offer her house at that time you spent terrofico, an act of humanity

    I hope you are being gradually solving problems

    a big hug to our friend Gene

    ReplyDelete