Sunday, October 20, 2013

Ice Cream Is Always In Season

It's been a wonderful few weeks weatherwise in New York, but yesterday was the first day with a real chill in the air. I needed to get out and shoot just for the fun of it, with no agenda or project in mind. I have quite a few ongoing series of pictures that I've been developing for a number of years, and it was time to beef them up a bit.

Photographing children is always a tricky subject for me. I never do it without a parent present and knowing that I am doing it. I saw these two young ladies sitting on a wall and their parents standing in front of them taking photos with their iPhones, so I stood in the middle, between the two parents for this shot. The girls smiled gleefully for their parents, but not for me. I wouldn't have had it any other way.


No comments:

Post a Comment